Monday, May 24, 2010

Kyler's First Trip

Brett and I aren't the type to sit around and pass up opportunities to hang out with family and friends. So it might or might not be surprising that we packed up the family and headed to Seneca the day after we got out of the hospital to attend my brother's high school graduation party. (Don't worry, I did check with my doctor first.) The trip went really smoothly and it was great to be able to introduce all of our family and friends to little Kyler.


Uncle Brent seemed to enjoy his new nephew. And he wasn't upset that Kyler was the center of attention at his party.


Brett even had his first babysitting experience while I attended the graduation ceremony. Brett is great with Kyler and a natural father. I think his "fatherly instinct" is a little better than my "motherly instinct" which is sometimes a little over-protective and extreme. His main job so far is to put Kyler to sleep if he doesn't fall asleep on his own after eating. (Although I have to note that he has avoided changing a single diaper so far - because of this, I have asked Kyler to be sure to pee on his daddy when he does change his first diaper.)



Kyler also got to meet Great Grandma and Grandpa Haverkamp at the party along with a ton of other relatives and family friends.


1 comment:

We would love to hear your comments!