A couple more "firsts" for Kyler took place last night and this morning. Kyler got his first bath at home last night. It was a sponge bath since his cord had not fallen off yet. Well, I thought that it had not but when I undressed him, it was gone. He didn't mind the bath too much although he wasn't real happy when he got a little cold. It was a little hectic because he first peed on me and later decided to poo on the towel he was laying on. Hopefully our real bath tomorrow goes more smoothly!
5 Days Old - Just Trying to Stay Warm
This morning was Kyler's first doctor visit at six days old. It went really well. Kyler had actually already gained back his birth weight (which can take about two weeks) and then some. His birth weight was 6 pounds 8.7 ounces. When we went home from the hospital when Kyler was three days old his weight was 6 pounds 1.5 ounces. Today he weighed in at a whopping 6 pounds 12 ounces. Daddy was proud of his growing little boy and I was glad to hear that he was getting plenty to eat!
5 Days Old - Showing his Forehead Wrinkles
One more thing I forgot to mention... Brett has finally changed some diapers and Kyler got him good! I had fed the little guy and was super tired so I headed to bed and let Daddy take over putting him to sleep. As Brett was changing Kyler's diaper, Kyler first peed all over. Then to top things off, he decided he was not done pooping as the new diaper was going on. Needless to say, Brett was getting pretty frustrated and I ended up getting back up to help out. I wonder if this is an indication of how ornery Kyler is going to be!
LOL. What an ordeal with the bath. Glad the Dr. appt went well.
ReplyDelete