Monday, May 10, 2010

38 Weeks Down, ??? To Go

The 38 week appointment was today. Nothing notable happening yet. I am still gaining weight :( and the doctor thinks that the baby has dropped some since the last time she checked 2 weeks ago. There was some more talk of c-section today. If labor has not started by a couple days after the due date, we will probably be scheduling a c-section. The doctor feels safer doing that than inducing and trying to force a vaginal delivery. We agree. So we should for sure have a baby by around May 26th but we are still hoping it comes earlier. We are so ready (I think)!
We also finally purchased the last item for the nursery - a glider. Speaking of the nursery, our little dog Baxter had a fun time in there this weekend. I convinced Brett to give him a little more freedom while we were out Saturday night. When we got home, there were baby toys everywhere. Apparently he had just been dying for an opportunity to raid the toybox and play with all the soft little toys. Only one was destroyed and it was an old stuffed animal that I have had since high school or college.

In other news Brett is almost done replacing the surface of the deck. He will probably finish that up while he is on paternity leave. And today is our anniversary. The weather is the same every year so far. Cold, windy, and rainy. Brett got us tickets to a Cirque du Soleil show called Alegria. We are going Wednesday night (assuming we are not in the hospital having a baby).

1 comment:

  1. Only 6 days to go...I cannot believe it!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your comments!