Monday, June 10, 2013

Swim Lessons - Day 1

I am kicking myself for not bringing my camera. I honestly thought that this would be a huge failure and we would not be going back the rest of the week. Mainly because that water is COLD! It has been in the 50s and 60s at night lately and we had a ton of rain the past couple weeks. It was only in the 70s outside this morning when we walked to the pool. Plus, I had Myelle so between making sure Kyler was following directions and taking care of her, how was I going to take pictures?

Kyler did okay at the beginning. He kept wanting to explore the bridge that goes over our pool so I had to remind him several times to stay with his class. He participated in the activities (blowing bubbles, kicking, walking in the water) and some required the lifeguard to pretty much force him (going underwater, front float, and back float). He kept lying down on the concrete. I think it was to try to stay warm. When they walked the kids over to the deep end, I wrapped him in his towel. I felt a little sorry for the kid.

They had the kids jump off the side into the deep water where a lifeguard caught them. I convinced Kyler to do it by telling him I would wait for him right by the side with his towel and that we could walk over the bridge when swimming lessons were over. He did it. Then they walked the kids over to the diving board. Kyler followed. He actually wanted to go off the board. I held his towel while they took him up and lowered him in. I wrapped him back up and he walked back over to get in line again. This time he needed less help walking to the edge and they dropped him in the water. I don't think he was prepared to go all the way under so he came up a little shocked.

I was so proud of him for going off the board twice. And like I said, I was kicking myself for not bringing the camera as he went off the diving board for the first time. He said he was going to do it again tomorrow when his dad is there. Hopefully he does better and better this week and we will have a little fish in the water this summer!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Swimming lessons are so important. Too bad it was so cold for him. I remember being really cold at swimming lessons when I was young. Glad he enjoyed the diving board.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your comments!