Saturday, June 1, 2013

3rd Birthday Party

I decided to do an airplane theme for Kyler's 3rd birthday party since he flew for the first time right before his birthday. I got some inspiration from the invitations online and created my own.


We decided to have Kyler's party at his Grandma and Grandpa Brack's this year since last year was at his other grandparents' house and we had celebrated his actual birthday with them on our trip. Plus, it was Memorial Day weekend so they were having a get-together with friends and family anyway. I decorated the dining room with a sign, balloons, and streamers.


His cake was a Jell-o poke and pour cake with blue Jell-o. I used colored whipped topping for the frosting, some 4th of July marshmallows for clouds, and his new Delta toy plane for decoration.




After watching his annual birthday video (something Brett and I put together each year), it was time to sing "Happy Birthday" and blow out the candles. He loved the attention.


As you can see, we created a runway on the table with a black tablecloth and masking tape. Before we ate, it was littered with toy airplanes.


Kyler enjoyed opening his gifts. We hurried him along since it was a busy day.



The one thing he had asked for over and over again was a little cement truck. Any time we talked about his birthday party he would say that all he wanted was this cement truck. So we saved it for last and he was very satisfied.


We took a few family photos after the party. There are lots of little ones in the family. One of Brett's brothers has twins that are almost a year old and his other brother is expecting a little boy in about a month.


These proud grandparents have their hands full... and they are about to have one more little to hold.


You think maybe Brett takes after his dad? I just noticed that their hands are positioned exactly alike.


Baby sister was excited to get in on the birthday boy photos too!


When we got home, there was one more gift for Kyler. Brett built him a sandbox. Kyler helped with the finishing touches.


Papa brought just enough beach sand back to Kansas to fill the sandbox. He is a lucky boy to have possibly the only beach sand filled box in Kansas.


These two will have lots of fun out in the sandbox the next several years... and I will spend my summers cleaning up sand.


These happy faces make it all worth it though. Happy 3rd birthday to our growing boy!!


1 comment:

  1. What a cute theme! Love the runway! Oh, and the last pic super adorable!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your comments!