Kyler has had a rough couple of weeks. Last week he had the stomach flu and was vomiting for a couple of days. He felt better for several days before getting a bad cold about a week later. Today I took him into the doctor because he was running a 103 degree fever during the night and has a nasty sounding cough. As a side note, the nurse asked Kyler if he looked like his grandpa. Kyler shook his head 'no' and said, "I don't have mustache." Anyway, the doctor swabbed his nose for Influenza B since there is a bunch of that going around right now. Kyler was not very happy about that (I wouldn't have been either!) and cried for a while. He kept telling me he is sick, that he got a really bad ouchie in his nose, that he needed a band-aid. Fortunately, he doesn't have influenza. But he does seem to have some bronchitis so we got a prescription for an antibiotic. On our ride home he told me, "my nose feels better now." Somehow Myelle has not gotten sick yet and we are hoping that Kyler is the only one to get any of this in our house.
We also had his physical done for preschool while we were there. His height is 3 feet 1.5 inches which is the 50th percentile. His weight is 34 pounds which is the 75th percentile. Other than that, he is pretty healthy. We did talk about his speech and the doctor suggested he see a speech therapist. We can either start that now or wait until he goes to preschool and do it through the school system. I think we're going to check with our insurance and see what the best route is. Basically, it is concerning that he does talk quite a bit but most people can't understand him. By getting him therapy early on, it can help prevent any delays in reading and phonics when he's in school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I always though he talked pretty well, but I've only seen through videos. Thats funny what he said about his grandpa. Hope he's better soon.
ReplyDelete