Thursday, May 9, 2013

Kylerisms: I Smell Fart

I know. I have hit a new low writing a post about smelling farts. Mostly, it's to show Ky what a weirdo he was as a two-year-old. Also because I think it's funny (yes, I have the sense of humor of a 3rd grade boy).

Kyler has what seems to be a pretty sensitive sense of smell. That and a sensitive gag reflex. It's not a good combination. Many mornings he sits at the kitchen table to eat his bowl of cereal and starts whining and covering his mouth and nose saying, "I small fart."

This morning as he was eating his breakfast, I was feeding Myelle some baby cereal and applesauce. She started getting irritated and I was asking her what her problem was. Kyler said, "I think she has poop in her pants; that's her problem." I sort of rolled my eyes. I think I would know if she had poop in her pants. She continued to get irritated so I picked her up an sniffed her. It did kinda smell. So I checked her diaper and sure enough! How does he know these things? I don't know if he just guessed or if he could actually smell it. Maybe he heard her do her duty. Who knows.

Then as he was playing in the living room, he came and told me he needed a napkin. I grabbed a Kleenex and asked if that was okay. He said yes and that he needed it because he smelled fart. I explained that a Kleenex wasn't going to make it so he wouldn't be able to smell things. He has a cold so I tried to help him blow his nose. He got mad, took the Kleenex, and held it at the back of his shorts before throwing it away. (In case you're wondering, I did check his pants for a possible shart due to this weird behavior. Negative.) Apparently he believes that a Kleenex near the butt can absorb fart smell. Little buddy, I only wish that were true!

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Cant stop laughing at the, "I smell fart!" I think we have the same sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Lol. That's pretty funny. What I always dread is the idea of kids going off to school and then saying things like, daddy farts a lot or something embarrassing like that.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your comments!