Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Preschool Open House

We had an open house at Kyler's preschool tonight. Ever since he was still in diapers we have been talking about him going to school. He was really excited to go see his preschool classroom today. Since he hasn't been in a daycare setting for over 6 months, I thought he would probably be really shy and not want to leave our sides. I gave him a little talk before we left about how he needs to talk to his teacher if she asks him something and not to tell the other kids what to do (sometimes he tells them to say hi).

When we got there, his teacher reached out to shake his hand and asked, "How are you?" He shyly responded, "How are you?" It was freaking adorable. Once we got into the classroom he looked around a little bit, his teacher showed him the pet frogs and tick, and he was off playing with his new classmates. He was having a blast. The teacher put on a slide show of pictures and he and another little boy went to the front of the room. He then started jumping up and down and laughing while pointing to different pictures on the projector. I had to have Brett go up and tell him to calm down.

So, I think he will be just fine on his own at school. I won't be surprised if we get some notes sent home about him being disruptive in class. But hopefully it was just his excitement and he will be a good little student. It's really cute but also crazy that he will be going to a real school in the fall right alongside the big kids (it's a preschool program that's part of the elementary school he will attend). It was a lot of fun to watch him interact, especially since he didn't even pay any attention to the fact that we were there. I am going to miss not being the one that hears and sees all the cute things he says and does all day.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I bet he will love it. Thats so exciting, what a big boy he's becomming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw. Still can't believe we're talking preschool already. But what's up with the pet tick??

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your comments!