Monday, December 10, 2012

Big Brother

Kyler was very excited when he found out from Grandma that he now has a little sister. He came to the hospital with Grandma and Papa to visit on the day Myelle was born. They had stopped to pick up a couple things for Myelle and Kyler was very involved in picking things out and was sure to carry them. At the hospital, Kyler would ask to hold his sister and then would announce "I'm done" within about ten seconds of holding her.

Wanting Myelle to put on her new socks that Ky picked out

Happy to see Mama and meet baby sister

Grandma helped Kyler make a welcome home banner for us. We were all impressed by his art skills when Grandma showed us the Powercat he made. She said he made the initial large shape first and she commented that it looked like a Powercat so then he added the smaller circles and other lines. Unless it was a complete coincidence, I think it's pretty good for a 2 year old.

The banner

Kyler's work of art - a Powercat

Kyler currently has mixed feelings about being a big brother. He loves her and is interested and wants to hold her and help take care of her but at the same time he is not enjoying having everyone's attention divided between himself and Myelle. He has been incredibly whiny and crying a lot more than normal since we have gotten home.

Welcoming baby Myelle home

I wasn't sure what to tell Kyler about me nursing Myelle. So I would just tell her that I had to feed her and she drinks mommy's milk. He was fine with that and apparently didn't pay too close of attention.  He says that the baby is drinking milk from my tummy. The other day I was in Myelle's room feeding her and Kyler was holding his monkey stuffed animal. He told me that monkey needed to eat so I told him to go get his bottle. He replied by telling me that monkey was going to drink milk out of his tummy, lifted his shirt, and put monkey's face right on his belly button.

Gift from Myelle at the hospital

Goofy boy giving us a cheesy smile

Kyler is also having a difficult time remembering that the baby's name is Myelle. He calls her Baby Pat about half of the time but it seems to be getting less and less frequent.

3 comments:

  1. Drinking milk from the tummy, lol! Glad he is adjusting ok and not too upset he has a baby sister and not brother. Oh, the "I'm dont" comment was pretty hilarious too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! He's so sweet. Kids seem to adjust to changes fairly quickly, so hopefully he'll be back to his less whiny self soon. And I'm quite impressed with his powercat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! So cute that he calls her "Baby Pat." Love it! When I was a baby my mom nursed Jess and I would carry a doll everywhere... I would even ask people, "Do you mind if I nurse?" Yeah... really. I'm sure it was awkward for her! Sounds like he's doing great. The whiny part is pretty normal from what I hear! :)

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your comments!