Wednesday, December 19, 2012
The Reason for the Season
Last week, Myelle received a first year calendar that Kyler was very interested in. So I got his 2012 tractor calendar out and we talked about the different birthdays and holidays. I wrote and drew on the calendar so he could identify whose birthday it was. I put a Christmas tree on December 25th and explained that this was Christmas and showed him what the current day was so he could see how many days were left until Christmas. He flipped through the pages and came back to December. He studied that Christmas tree, pointed at the date, and looked up at me saying "that's Baby Jesus's birthday." I was surprised because I had not brought up Jesus while we were looking at the calendar. He knows the Christmas story because we have a children's book about the first Christmas and we play out the story with his Little People nativity set. I was so proud that he had been absorbing what we have been talking about, that a two-year-old can remember better than many adults what Christmas really is. I hope he always remembers what this holiday is truly about!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is so awesome!
ReplyDelete