Friday, December 21, 2012

Snow!

Last year I think we got a real snow only once and I missed my opportunity to take Kyler out to play in it. I don't think he even remembered ever seeing snow before. But yesterday morning we woke up to a few inches of snow so I had to be sure to get him outside while Myelle was napping.

Getting ready to head outside. He had a lot of layers on - I was having flashbacks from "A Christmas Story."

Hiding behind a drift and kicking his way out.

His mittens didn't fit quite right but he was warm and having a blast!

Running through the snow.

Oops - stuck in a drift.

We attempted to make a snowman yesterday but the snow was too dry from being blown around so much. Today it was a little warmer and the snow was starting to get more wet so we quickly went out to make a little snowman. It was Kyler's first snowman. He was SO excited to make Frosty. He kept saying, "he might talk and he might walk" as we were making the snowman.

Checking out our creation.

Our finished product - Kyler couldn't open his eyes for the picture though because it was so bright.

Brett said it looked like Baby Frosty. We did borrow Myelle's hat for our tiny snowman.

Shaking his hand.
Update: Uncle Ment (Brent) came over the next day to make a real snowman. It was bigger than Brent and will be around for most of the winter unless we get some high temps.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! I was glad the kid's snow boots from last year still fit since they didn't ever really get to wear them last winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun. That snowman is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your comments!