Kyler has been quite the Kyler today. He's not really being "bad" but just a little more energetic than most days and has enough of his own ideas to drive me crazy.
It sort of started as soon as I shut off the shower this morning. I heard the door open and he said "Mama, are you done taking a shower?" I look over and he has a diaper and his powder in his arms. Apparently he pooped and was just waiting to hear the shower turn off to get changed. He tells me "I want powder on my poop." Obviously he doesn't understand what the powder is for. After I clean him up he tells me he wants underwear on. This is great as we are very ready for him to be potty trained but at the same time it makes me exhausted just thinking about how this might go. Basically the way it went is me making him sit on the pot a bunch of times and him peeing in his underwear a bunch of times. He tells me "potty" after he has already wet himself. I have been making him change his own pants when he has underwear on but that doesn't seem to be working either. Finally after about four accidents I told him he had to wear a diaper (plus it is nap time although you wouldn't know it by seeing his energy level right now).
Then we had some conversation that I acted like I understood. Something about bringing something to Grandma's house (we were headed over to water the dog). I kept trying to figure out what we had to bring over but couldn't get it. So he told me we had to bring it Friday. I told him it isn't Friday and that was enough to satisfy him. Weird. He also told me he is eating supper at Grandma's house on Friday.
This is our conversation when leaving Grandma's house:
Kyler: Where's Grandma?
Mama: She's in Lincoln.
Kyler: Where's Lincoln at?
Mama: It's in Nebraska.
Kyler: It's not at Grandma Rita's?
Mama: No, it's not at Grandma Rita's.
Kyler: Okay.
Ky is getting more and more curious about the baby coming. Today he pretended to be a baby for a while and then had me be the baby. Then I asked if he wanted to feed his stuffed monkey a bottle. So we put a bib on it and I found a plastic baby bottle for him to play with. He thought it was a lot of fun to feed and then burp the monkey. Here's a picture of him holding his "baby."
And this was our conversation a little bit ago when he was messing around instead of eating his lunch:
Mama: You're making me mad.
Kyler: You're making me mad too.
And when he was getting in trouble for playing with his carrot instead of eating it:
Kyler: You need to go to the hospital.
Apparently he is thinking maybe this vacation from Mama might not be so bad. :)

LOl! You need to go to the hospital!! Where does this kid come up with this stuff.
ReplyDelete