Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Little Talker

As Kyler starts talking more and more, he's starting to say things that are pretty funny.

On Monday when we were at home, I put some cereal in his bowl and commented that it was almost gone and that we were going to have to go to Papa's store to get more. He finished his cereal and yelled "Mow!" (more) really loudly. This was followed by him yelling "Mow Papa Stow!!!" while grinning. He doesn't forget much and he knows when he is being a goofball.

This morning when he got up we were hanging out and he comes up and starts slapping my leg. I pretended to cry so he says "Doont ky, mama. Eet oh ka." (Translation: Don't cry mama, it's okay.)

Today he was playing with his toys and the wind kept blowing the curtain over them. So he says "No, Wind!" I didn't even realize he knew that the wind caused that.

And finally, the had a first today that I was unprepared for and hope it is a "first and only." He was playing and all of a sudden comes up to me waving both hands. As I looked down at him, I see something on the palm of each hand and some on his bare belly (he had just eaten breakfast so I took his really messy shirt off). I had no idea what it could be so I checked in his diaper - sure enough, I think it was poo! I have no idea how it only got on the palm of his hands and not fingertips but I didn't take any chances and got him cleaned up immediately. Yuck! I had decided earlier in the week that it is time for potty training. Our next free weekend will be spent mastering that. Hopefully since I have Mondays off I can get it accomplished and knocked out. He is showing more signs than ever of being ready so I hope he is!

1 comment:

  1. He sounds like a funny little guy. Good luck with the potty training. Let me know what method(s) you try.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your comments!