Monday, May 7, 2012

"Cars"

I wish I could tell you the number of times we have watched "Cars" over the past couple of weeks. Kyler is suddenly obsessed with it. And when we're not outside, that movie is on pretty much all the time. I usually try to limit his TV watching but I have given in more than I probably should. He asks for cartoons and that's what he's referring to (apparently it can only be a cartoon if there are cars in it).

He knows most of the characters now - Lightning McQueen, Mater, Doc, and Sally. And he also knows McQueen's catch phrase - "ka chow." He is even starting to memorize the movie and knows what part comes next in some instances. I have started only letting him watch it at nap time and before bed when we are trying to get him to wind down for the night. Sometimes if I'm trying to do dinner or something and he's crabby I'll flip it on for 20 minutes while I finish up what I'm doing. He is NOT happy when I turn it back off!

3 comments:

  1. Funny, That's Ryan's favorite movie all of a sudden too! I tried to get him to watch it a long time ago and he wasn't interested then, it probably has something to do with seeing every Mickey Mouse episode a million times already and having to watch Strawberry Shortcake if Marissa gets her way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. His logic about "car"toons makes perfect sense to me. I know what you mean about trying to limit tv watching. It's such a slippery slope. The more in allow it, the easier it is to

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your comments!