Sunday, April 3, 2011

Where oh where has my little baby gone?

Kyler can't quite "toddle" on his own but in my mind, he is a toddler now and not a baby. He is through with cuddling and wanting held. Now he just wants down to be on the go exploring things. We spent a lot of time outside today and Kyler watched from his walker as I mowed the lawn. He played in the grass in our front yard (the back has too many "land mines") and loved it. He didn't even try to put everything in his mouth this time.

There were a couple of funny moments. First, he crawled to the sidewalk and started pulling weeds that were growing up through the cracks and threw them aside. He was being a good helper. Then a little later I laid him on his back in the grass and instead of getting right back up he just laid there really still looking at the sky and enjoying the cool grass on his back. It reminded me to enjoy the little things. I wish I had taken my camera outside - it was such a nice day and he was looking pretty cute in his Royals shirt and shorts.

Ky has also been practicing standing/walking more. He pulls up to everything - doors, furniture, walls, you name it. And he can even use his little push toy on his own. He pulls himself up and pushes it around the basement all on his own. I can't believe how big he's getting. Next time we'll take video and post it so you can all see him.

The other cute thing that he started doing this weekend is really clapping his hands where they even make noise sometimes. He's been clapping for months but it was sort of an awkward clap. Now every time I lay him down to change his diaper, he is clapping. He's so stinkin' cute when he claps and then gives me his toothy smile because he's proud of himself!

Sorry - long post about silly little things. But these silly little things are the ones I want to remember when Kyler is all grown up. And ever since I got pregnant, my memory is terrible. So this serves as my memory... how sad is that?

1 comment:

  1. He is such a cutie! Time is flying by way too fast. And I know what you mean about your memory being bad since you got pregnant. I used to remember everything but now i find myself forgetting everything.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your comments!