We decided to go cold turkey in getting rid of it. That way we avoid any confusion and it makes it more clear for all of us. That's basically what we did for the bottle and it worked out great. Although I must say the bottle was much easier to lose than this is.
We've had some pretty rough nap times and bed times over the past few days. The little guy just doesn't know how to soothe himself to sleep without it. He's had to cry himself to sleep a couple times and then sometimes he is apparently tired enough that he can go right to sleep after being calmed down. I'm anxious to see how his nap and bed times go today since he's not so worn out from Easter traveling. I was really hoping he could be paci-free at daycare tomorrow but that will only work if he can go to sleep on his own after just maybe 10 minutes or fussing/crying.
Probably the most frustrating thing was the drive to and from Wichita. Normally we would just give him the paci to keep him from fussing but we couldn't and had to listen to him fuss and whine for a long time. Poor Aunt Jessica was with us all weekend. I'm sure she got her baby fix for a bit!
Oh, and Kyler just had a few things to say:
vnxV ZZZZZZZZZZAc XV÷// Å≈XFAZXW 2//2/ CDÇÎÇÇÇÇCC
Update: Kyler did great today. Minimal crying each time I put him down. I just hope it keeps getting better and that the daycare will cooperate.
Update 4/29/11: Kyler is officially paci free. He still takes a little longer to fall asleep at nap time but if he's tired he will just rock with me for 10 or 15 minutes and he's out. He's also able to put himself back to sleep on his own if he wakes up during the night.
Update: Kyler did great today. Minimal crying each time I put him down. I just hope it keeps getting better and that the daycare will cooperate.
Update 4/29/11: Kyler is officially paci free. He still takes a little longer to fall asleep at nap time but if he's tired he will just rock with me for 10 or 15 minutes and he's out. He's also able to put himself back to sleep on his own if he wakes up during the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment
We would love to hear your comments!