Monday, April 18, 2011

An Afternoon with Kyler

This morning I was sleeping in and heard Kyler laughing at who knows what - his door was shut so it wasn't the dogs or his daddy. But then it was quiet again for about 45 minutes so he must have gone back to sleep. I am a lucky mama, sleeping in until 9 on a weekday.


He's usually happy when he wakes up as long as he got enough sleep. If he's fussy, he needs to go back down. Today he was even happy after I took the paci away. Look at this scrunched up nose.


Getting up to say hi to mama... he's always so excited when we come in to get him. What a great way to start a day! (Or in this case, an afternoon.)


This is his new thing... putting his hands up. He thinks it's funny when we copy him doing this and making noises.


"Wanna see my mouth full of teeth?" He loves just hanging out over his crib rail, watching the doggies.


"Aaaahhhh hahaha those doggies are funny!"


Time to get out of bed now.


Looking outside with the doggies. Kyler is now chasing after the dogs. He just loves them and they don't think he's too bad either. For now they can run faster than he crawls. If he catches up to them, he likes to head-butt them. It's pretty hilarious. Today while I was sweeping Maggie wanted someone to play tug-of-war with her stuffed duck. Since I was busy she tried to entice Kyler to take it from her. He was having a blast trying to get it out of her mouth.


Then it was time to start playing tractors. He knows how to push the "E-I-E-I-O" button. He also knows what it means to "go find your tractors."


And here is something new he learned last week... climbing on the bottoms of the tables.


He likes to pound his toys on the tables, the hardwood floors, the walls, anything that makes noise. In fact, as I am typing this up he was looking for something to play with in the office. I gave him the tops to a couple of blank DVD packs (they look kind of like clear bowls) and put some baby-friendly office supplies inside. What does Ky do? Dumps them out and bangs them together like symbols. I hadn't thought of that. :)


And now I am going to have to start dusting the bottoms as well as the tops of the tables because of this little finger-print monster. And I thought the dogs were bad!


We have been having so much fun now that all the taxes are filed and I'm not so busy with work. It is going to be such a fun summer! And my boss even thanked me for the extra effort and told me I could equalize my time. I will hold him to it - I'll take all the time I can get with my little man this summer!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you two had a good time this afternoon. You're going to have a blast this summer. Landon has that same shirt that Kyler is wearing in the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet summer is going to be a blast. So funny about the dogs. My nephew also play tug of war with the dogs bones!!

    Let me know if you ever want to come to our pool this summer!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your comments!