Friday, September 10, 2010

What goes in must come out...

I think you probably know what this post is about. And I will warn you that it is pretty darn gross. So please don't look at the bottom picture unless you think you can handle it. I wouldn't post about it if it weren't just absolutley ridiculous. So to fill some space at the top of the page for those who don't choose to scroll down, I'll tell you about the good (then we'll get to the bad and the ugly all at the same time).

Just before "the incident."

Brett has been traveling for work yesterday and today so I have been dropping off and picking up Kyler from daycare. And man do they go on and on about how good he is. And he really is. He normally only cries when he is hungry or tired. And when he has a bad spell it is almost always at night, when the daycare ladies aren't around. Anyway, he absolutely loves it there. I wish I liked it at work that much. But it definitely puts my mind at ease knowing that he is not crying all day while I have to leave him.

Chowing down on a banana at Dad's softball game.

We have also been letting Kyler try small amounts of solid foods (well, not really solids but that's what they call it). He's had rice cereal mixed with his milk, bananas, potato soup, and applesauce. He does really well eating it. He will even open his mouth wide for the next bite. And usually it all goes right down without making a mess. I got some of the little mesh bags that you can stick food in and let them get it all mushy and suck it out. It is messy but he really seems to like it.

Kyler in the jumper.

Kyler is also getting really good at grabbing his toys. Just a few weeks ago he couldn't really figure out how to work his hands and arms but now he is much better at spotting a toy he wants, grabbing it, and sticking it right in his mouth. We bring toys in the car now to help keep him entertained in the dreaded carseat. And he is really enjoying his jumper and walker as he gains more and more strength to keep himself upright.

"I want all the toys in my mouth at the same time!"

Okay, so here it is. The yucky yucky bad no no story and the picture to prove it. If you weren't sure if you were ready to have kids, this will surely change your mind. And if you're about to have a kid, consider yourself warned. And if your kid never did something like this, consider yourself lucky. Here goes...

I was sitting in the kitchen finishing my dinner while Kyler was playing in the walker. (Thank goodness we were in the kitchen and not on the carpet!) He was having fun with his toys and I got down to talk to him about it. A few minutes later he had a funny look on his face. I heard a rumble. And then a splat. And some splattering. And I knew exactly what had happened. Damn disposable diapers!!! The dogs wanted to investigate it (and I don't even want to know what else) so they were put outside immediately. Then off to the bathtub we went. Kyler was splashing the heck out of me and tried to pee on me. What in the world did I do to deserve this, child? After I got him dressed, I sent Brett the following text:

"There is currently what I can only describe as a puddle of baby poop on our kitchen floor... so ridiculous I even photographed it."

Picture #1: "Uh, mama, something yucky is on me."
What kind of sick freak are you, looking at a picture like this? Didn't I warn you? Are you obsessed with poo? What does the fact that I'm the one who took the picture and blogged about it have to do with anything? Let's just forget all about this and never speak of it again (at least until Kyler is old enough to know what "pay back is hell" means).

Picture #2: This is pretty gross, but this is the edited version. The drippy, sticky part I cut off from the top was too x-rated for the blog.

3 comments:

  1. The joys of being a mom!!! Glad he's good in daycare and I hope the part time schedule is being respected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I love that you took a picture of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to let Austin know about this blog post. You know he's got some weird obsession with poo! ;)

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your comments!