Monday, September 20, 2010

Four Months

Here is what Kyler is up to at four months...

Vital Statistics:
Kyler weighs 13 lbs 12 oz and is in the 25th percentile for weight. He is 24.5 inches long (50th percentile), and his head circumference is 16 (10th-25th percentile).

Socially:
People have been telling us more and more about how much he looks like a little man. That his features are very grown up and they can tell what Kyler is going to look like when he is older. We also get many comments on how expressive he is for his age. He has a lot of facial expressions. And he is actually less afraid of strangers than he used to be. I think that has a lot to do with him being in daycare. They say he is an awesome baby at daycare, only crying when he is tired or hungry. He loves it there. Sometimes at home I think he is bored because there just isn't as much going on. He has become quite the daddy's boy. There are a lot of times now that I have to hand Kyler over to Brett because only he can calm him down.

Eating:
Kyler started trying some solid foods a couple of weeks ago. His favorites are bananas, applesauce, and peaches but I haven't found anything he doesn't like. He does a really good job eating from a spoon. He will open his mouth for the next bite when the spoon comes near. He is starting to figure out how to get food in his mesh bag into his mouth.

Moving:
He can roll over both directions but doesn't do it very often. He is always grabbing anything he can get his hands on and putting it right in his mouth. My poor hair is getting pulled all the time, and he has a really strong grip. He is getting better and better at supporting himself. And he is still our little mover and can be a handful when I am feeding or rocking him.

Talking:
He has started babbling a little more lately. When I read him a book that he likes, he will start talking along like he is reading too. He thinks it is funny to watch his mama or dad have an adult conversation with someone and also enjoys when I scold the dogs. Sometimes, especially with his dad, Kyler will get pretty loud when he is talking. Brett is able to get him to talk a lot easier than I can.

Sleeping:
Kyler will go to sleep on his own. Once he is getting tired I just give him a paci and something soft to hold and put him in his crib and he will fall asleep. When he wakes up he doesn't just cry for us to come get him. A lot of days we will hear him making happy little noises in his crib. And sometimes loud banging as he kicks his legs around. When we go check on him, he has a huge smile (even behind the paci) when we look down at him. The doctor told us today to start putting him down on his tummy since we only have a couple months to even out his head shape (it is pretty flat on the back).

Coming up:
We are still waiting to hear a really good belly laugh. And I think he will be able to sit on his own pretty soon. He does pretty good but usually ends up leaning way forward or sometimes falling to the side. When his legs get just a little longer he will be moving all over the place in the walker - he can go a couple of inches at a time right now.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like some great stats to me! Glad he's such a good baby.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your comments!