Well, I'll get right to the point... Kyler rolled over on his own from front to back this morning. Brett had just left for work and Kyler had just finished eating. He was lying on our bed in a really good mood so I thought maybe he would be okay with some tummy time (he usually can't tolerate it more than 10 minutes or so). He was pretty happy and started sucking on his right arm/hand so it was way up near his head. Now that that arm was out of the way, he was able to move around and kick himself over on his right side. I was really excited but I don't even think he realized what he had done. After calling Brett and waiting a few minutes I turned him back over to see if we could get a repeat performance but Kyler was done with tummy time by then.
In other news, Brett and I had our first night out without Kyler on Sunday. For his birthday I ordered tickets to the Sublime/Matisyahu concert at City Market. My mom was nice enough to come spend the night and babysit. As we were getting ready to leave around 6:00 Kyler just started screaming... and he would not stop. This was by far the most screaming/crying he had done since he was born. We could tell it was because he had a tummy ache. Brett and I felt awful for Grandma Debbie for having to leave her with a screaming kid. But we had put him in his swing right before we left and he calmed down. And when we got home he was sound asleep and Grandma said he was a good boy after we were gone. Phew! So all was well at home and we had a great time at the concert. It was a nice night, they put on a good show, and we didn't even get rained on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
He's rolling already?! They grow way too fast.
ReplyDeleteGlad you got a date night!