Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Back to Work

We have been going back and forth on what I should do regarding going back to work. Well, we have finally come to a decision and the plans are finalized. I will be going back to work starting August 17 on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays and working from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm. It is going to be tough on me leaving my little buddy but as long as he can nap there, I know he will absolutely love daycare.

Hanging out on Mom and Dad's bed 7/15/10.

At first we were thinking maybe I would just stay home with Kyler, we would put our house on the market in the spring, and then move to Seneca. This option was okay but we would have been digging into our savings most months before the house sold. I actually even went into work and told my boss that this was our plan. He was surprised and we came to the agreement that I should try to come back and work three days per week until we get our house sold. This is helping him out since they don't have anyone to replace me and I am scheduled for quite a bit of work and it helps us out since I will be bringing in at least some money. We will still be moving to Seneca as soon as the house sells. Brett is able to work remotely with his current job and I will pick up accounting and tax work around the area. We want to move to reduce our cost of living, be closer to family, and mostly so that Kyler can grow up in a small town.

This week we went and visited a day care center. It is pretty pricy even for three days a week but I really didn't feel all that comfortable leaving him in a home daycare with a bunch of other older kids since he is so tiny right now (okay, he is getting bigger but still my tiny baby). We felt like it was a good place for him to be so we secured his spot there. The whole time we were touring he was silent in his seat and really enjoyed watching some of the other babies play so I know he will love that part of it. As much as I try I'm just not that entertaining all day long.

Kyler watching his little friend, Kadence, play with blocks during our trip to Seneca last week.

My only major concern is that he will have a hard time napping at first. I have been trying to get him to sleep during the day in his crib but it is just too bright in his room. The only way I can get him to take a good nap is shutting the blinds in the living room and making it dark and quiet so there are no distractions (otherwise he will look around and be entertained enough to stay awake). And I put him in the swing with a paci and he usually falls right to sleep. So he naps in his swing, which he will not be able to do at daycare. The stupid state has a stupid rule that as soon as a baby goes to sleep they have to be laid in a crib. So poor Kyler will probably be a tired boy until he can get used to sleeping in a crib during the day in a bright and sometimes noisy room. And that makes his mommy sad and mad. The other negatives are that they will not use cloth diapers so we will end up buying disposables afterall. This is also sort of irritating because even Brett commented that "they really are easy." And they also don't allow glass bottles which isn't that big of deal but most of our bottles are glass.

So hopefully it all goes well. I know it is going to be way harder on me than Kyler but unless we want to be hermits and not buy anything or go anywhere it is the only way.

Little guy in the Bumbo chair on 7/16/10.

3 comments:

  1. So glad they worked out a schedule with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you still going to use your cloth diapers at home?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we will still be using cloth at home at least while he fits into the size he is currently in. Then we will have to decide whether it is worth it to invest in the next size of cloth or do all disposable. That might also depend on how long he is in daycare. I really love using cloth as weird as it sounds so I am hoping to end up getting the next size.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your comments!