I had a really bad feeling about the quantity and quality of Kyler's (and therefore my) sleep last night. The night before it had taken me close to 2 hours to get him down. I fed him, changed him, rocked him, patted him, fed him again, laid down on the floor next to him, changed him again, rocked him again, and finally he went to sleep and stayed that way... for about 2 hours. So when morning came I was still exhausted and decided to sleep in so I brought Kyler into our bed so I didn't have to get up. We slept on and off until after noon. Then he was cranky all day yesterday and slept quite a bit. So I just knew it was going to be a long night.
Even Brett couldn't get Kyler to calm down and go to sleep last night. He wasn't hungry - he had just eaten a ton. His diaper was clean. He had his pacifier. He didn't want to be read to. But he did need a bath so I tried that. He was still fussing and wide awake when I was drying him off in the rocking chair. But within minutes he was sound asleep. When I put him in his crib around 11:00 pm he didn't wake back up. I found myself awake at 5:30 am. Had I really just gotten over 6 hours of sleep? And there was no baby crying? I went into check on Kyler and he was fine... his hand was moving over his face. Finally around 6:00 am we heard a cry. Kyler slept through the night for the first time at just over one month of age! I know that this is very unlikely to continue but I have to be excited that he slept... during the night... for 7 hours!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow! Thats impressive!
ReplyDelete