Wednesday, June 23, 2010

New Nursery Decor

Now that the nursery is up and running I thought I would share a few more pictures. I did do a little tidying up before but I can definitely say that Kyler's room is usually the cleanest in the house. Probably because he hasn't been around long enough to accumulate as much stuff as we have.

Here is a view from the doorway.

And from the opposite corner of the room.

I was pretty proud of how my crafty letters turned out. I looked online to purchase some letters similar to these and was appalled that they cost around $12 per letter plus shipping. So I decided to take matters into my own hands and make them myself. I ended up spending around $10 for the entire thing and I like my letters much better than what I found online with the jungle animal theme. I purchased the wooden letters which were $1.99 each but were 50% off so they cost me a total of $5. Then I painted them using a small bottle of acrylic paint which was $.99. I was able to find the little wooden animals already painted at Hobby Lobby for $.67 each. And a small spool of the giraffe print ribbon was $.99. I used tacky glue for the animals and hot glue for the ribbon and then hung them with tacks. I used a ruler to make sure the ribbon had the same amount of "give" for each letter and also used the ruler to make sure the space between the stripe on the wall and the bottom of the letters were consistent. It was a quick and easy craft project and turned out really well. Here is a closer look.

This is the other piece of decor hanging in the nursery. We received it from our friends Amanda and Cole. It is a really neat and personal gift and they even had it match the nursery with the little monkey.

And here is the latest pic of the little man himself. He is finally liking his bouncy chair. It has a vibrate function which helps calm him. When I try to lie him in a crib or playpen he gets upset but he loves sitting here where he can look around. During the day I set him in front of the window where he can sit and look outside. This happens to be the same thing the dogs enjoy doing. You can tell he's pretty relaxed in this picture.

3 comments:

  1. Cindy you have the knack...very impressive!
    Aunt Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Kyler is filling out, isn't he? I can't wait to see him again.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your comments!