Wednesday, June 30, 2010

6 Weeks Old

Kyler is 6 weeks old today. Time is flying by! He is getting bigger and developing more and more of a personality. Although I hate seeing my baby get to be more of a big boy, he is more and more fun every day.

Yesterday was Brett's birthday. He is 28 and feeling a little old. :) But to celebrate we grilled some steaks for dinner and then headed to the Royals game. It was a BEAUTIFUL night to be outside at the game. And we thought just maybe they would come back and win. But of course they lost by one and their last out was a strike-out looking (and not swinging). Typical. Anyway, Kyler did really well at the game. He sat on our laps just looking around like crazy. Brett kept commenting on how much he was moving his arms and legs. Sometimes we think Kyler really thinks he is going somewhere. He loves sitting upright where he can take it all in. And he really really loves being outside.

Happy Birthday Daddy!

I purchased a mobile for Kyler's crib and it came in yesterday. He was already smiling and cooing at it as I was putting it together. But the real value came this morning. Usually when the sun comes up and it gets bright in Kyler's room around 6:30 he does not want to go back to sleep. But I do! So this morning I got up and fed him and he was of course wide awake. So I put him in his bed with his paci and turned the mobile on. And that's how I was able to sleep in until around 9:00. Well, I had to get up to turn the mobile back on since it shut off automatically after 20 minutes... but I can handle that.
The Tiny Love Sweet Island Dreams Mobile

This morning Kyler had a doctor visit. He is right on track in terms of growth. His weight is 9 pounds 14 ounces (50th percentile), height is 21.5 inches (45th percentile), and head circumference is 15 (50th percentile). Although he wasn't due for any vaccinations until 2 months, we asked the pediatrician if we could space some of them out instead of him getting a bunch at one time. Since he is 6 weeks, she went ahead and gave him a couple today and he will get the rest at our 2 month visit. Today he got the Rotavirus vaccine which was something he had to drink. And he got one shot for DTaP/Polio/HIB. He screamed as expected but got over it pretty quickly. I thought it would make me really sad based on what I have heard from other moms but Brett and I were sort of laughing. Maybe we are just bad parents. ;)  Or maybe we just have a tough guy that only screamed for a few seconds. He has done well since we got home, just screaming harder than usual when he does fuss or cry.

"OOOOUUUCCCCHHHH!!!!!"

"A kiss from Daddy and my paci make it all better!"

"Mom, quit taking pictures of this and pick me up. This isn't funny!"

2 comments:

  1. Cindy, I really enjoy reading your baby blog. You do a great job.Kyler is so adorable,can't wait to see him again. Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY Brett! Have a great 4th of July! Luv your Aunt Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cindy, he looks so much like you now!! Sooo cute makes me miss him and really would like to hold him again soon, I would love to make a date to come see you and Susan also, we will see, the summer is going by so fast, take care and OMGGGGGG he is soooo cute!! You guys did good!!
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your comments!