Well, we are officially in the 3rd trimester now... and it shows! Mom and Dad came to town yesterday and apparently I have grown quite a bit in just a couple of weeks. The baby is also becoming very active in the last couple of days.
My doctor appointments that were monthly for the last two months are now going back to every other week. I think it is just sort of standard care (minus all the ultrasounds) for the 3rd trimester. The ultrasounds will still be monthly so we will probably just have two more before we see the real thing. At today's appointment we had an ultrasound to check the baby's growth. Everything was still normal - the baby is now around 2 pounds, 13 ounces and is in the 55th percentile. The only abnormal thing was that I was really lightheaded and seeing spots so I had to sit up a few times. This was probably just caused by being on my back too long. We were also able to tell what position the baby is in right now. Its back is against the bottom of my ribs (along the top of my belly) with the head, hands, and feet down lower. Not quite the ideal position but there is still plenty of time for it to move. I don't think I will bother posting pictures - they are really grainy and you can barely tell what anything is. The baby always has its hands and arms in front of the face so the technicians have a really hard time getting good face shots.
In other news, we finally got registered at Babies R Us. That place is massive and I think there is a lot of "stuff" that they try to sell that people really don't need. Hopefully we got the necessities. We still need to pick out the infant travel system (car seat and stroller set) but Brett is doing his research first. We also registered online for some things at Target that were either more reasonable or worked better. A lot of people have been asking how the nursery is coming along. Well, we are a little behind on that. It is still an office right now just gathering a few more baby things week by week. Maybe by the time the shower is over at the end of the month we will have enough stuff to where we will be motivated to find a home for everything. Me working on the weekends now is not speeding up the process. We are also starting our birthing classes this weekend. They will be the next two Saturday mornings for about 3 1/2 hours. Brett is definitely not pumped up for that but it's part of the job.
One thing I have accomplished is getting my cloth diapers ordered. I know - we are nuts! But I at least wanted to give it a try to save our landfills from about 3,796 disposable diapers that can each take hundreds of years to decompose. Besides, they are pretty cute (for now, until they are covered in poo).
And one thing we went backwards on is names. Brett has decided that he is not into "Kyler" for a boy. So we are back to square one. Boy names are tough! We are trying to find a name that is not in the top 100 for popularity but is also not way out there. We can't seem to agree on one. So if we have a boy, he may not have a name for a few days. The one name that we both like (but is really popular right now) is Gavin. Brett is still hung up on Jacoby but I just can't do it. He also came up with Sanders the other day - again, can't do it. So we bought a baby name book with over 100,000 names. Hopefully we can agree on one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Cindy, I have enjoyed reading the blog thus far. Keep up the posting!!!
ReplyDelete