Monday, February 1, 2010

24 Weeks

We had another appointment this morning. It started off with an ultrasound. The objective was to take measurements to ensure that the baby is growing normally. Everything is looking good. Measurements were all normal and the head is a little wider than normal but that may be due to the shape of the head. The baby weighs about 1 pound 10 ounces. It is in the 63rd percentile and is measuring at 24 weeks and 5 days (about 4 days ahead of the estimated due date of May 23).

The technician worked hard to get us some good pictures. The ones I have posted are the best we could get since Vegas Baby was not cooperating very well.


This one is of a leg (you can see the picture is marked with the thigh, knee, and foot).


And this is of the bottom of the feet (the baby has its legs crossed at the ankle).

This was a 3D ultrasound so it would have been really neat to have a picture of the face but the baby was being very shy. Its head was face down and would not budge. Of course 10 minutes after we left the room the little thing was moving all over the place and has been all day since. I have been feeling a LOT of movement all over lately.

After the ultrasound we had an appointment with the doctor. Nothing really new there. I have gained a lot more weight than 1 pound 10 ounces but the weight gain is on track for the amount I am targeted to gain - about 30 pounds by the end of the pregnancy. The doctor also asked us to start getting ready for the delivery - taking birthing classes, getting registered at the hospital, and deciding what type of delivery we want.

Less than 4 months to go and we have a lot to do! Brett and I have each purchased one item for the baby. I went to Lincoln last weekend with some of my family and picked up a little Nebraska hat for our Husker baby ;) Brett was skiing in Steamboat Springs and bought a tee shirt. It was really cute... although the smallest size they had was a 2T so the baby will be a toddler by the time we can get some use out of it. Needless to say, we have a long way to go. One of the next few weekends I am determined to get some furniture purchased so we can at least get started on the baby's room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your comments!