Saturday, March 13, 2010

30 Weeks - Shower Invitations, Hiccups

Only 10 weeks to go! That seems kind of crazy. Are we really ready for our lives to change? Well, they are going to whether we are ready or not.

Not a lot to update on at the moment but I did want to show off my baby shower invitations. They are soooo cute! My very talented aunt Sandy designed and made them. Check out her website here. Thanks Sandy!!!

There is a small insert that looks like a book which requests guests to bring a book rather than a card and write a small inscription or sign inside the cover of the book. I think this is a super cute idea and I am excited to see what books we get. I was a total book worm when I was younger (and still would be if I had the time). The invitation itself is designed to be a bookmark. So creative!

Shower Invitation

In other news, the baby now has regular bouts of the hiccups. I notice them at least twice, sometimes three times each day. I have also recently found out that he or she does get startled by loud noises. The Big XII basketball tournament has been going on this week. We went to a couple of games the other night and the little tyke would stir around when the crowd would get noisy. The same thing happened last night when the Jayhawks went ahead and we happened to be in probably the most crowded KU bar in Missouri.

We had our second (and final) birthing class this morning. It was somewhat informative and the videos we had to watch today were much less graphic than the previous class. We had to bring pillows and a blanket to class so we thought that it would be the typical breathing exercises you see on TV. Not the case - at the end of class we just did a really weird relaxation exercise. It was definitely not our thing. We were supposed to imagine we were in the uterus and our breaths were bright lights. Then we were lying on a beach having contractions. It was quite amusing and needless to say, I got nothing out of that (nor do I think I will be using that technique during contractions).

We have a check-up with the doctor on Monday but no ultrasound so it will probably be pretty quick and routine. Other than that... I am just working through busy season and we have been watching a lot of basketball. Neither of these things is helping get the nursery ready. Oh well, I guess we should be enjoying this free time while we have it, right?

3 comments:

  1. The invitations are sooooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new blog Cindy. And the videos are great! What a neat thing to be able to share with our little pooper when he/she gets older.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You didn't tell me about the hiccups! And I have to agree with Charla...the invitations are adorable.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your comments!