Monday, December 7, 2009

16 Weeks

Nothing too eventful has taken place since the last post but I will update with what has occurred. We have told some more people and I have had a couple more appointments.

First, we went to Florida over Thanksgiving to visit Brett's brother and sister-in-law and told them that they were going to have a niece or nephew while we were there visiting. We spent Thanksgiving and that Friday and Saturday at Disney World before going to their home in Jacksonville for our Thanksgiving meal and some QT with them. It was a lot of fun and nice to see them. Brett seemed a little more relaxed about the baby after telling and talking with his brother.

When we got back, I went to the doctor to check up on everything since I had been bleeding just a tiny bit. They checked the heartbeat and it was completely normal so they said it was nothing to worry about. That was a big relief. I would guess it was just a result of all the extra walking I did at Disney. At work, I finally told my boss. It went really well and I am meeting with our HR guy this week to go over the policies, etc.

As if I hadn't already done enough traveling, we road tripped to Dallas for the Big XII championship game with some of my family. It was a lot of fun and a great game even if the result was not ideal for us Nebraska fans. The good news is that I was able to keep my secret from my mom's sisters (even though I had to do some innocent lying). The scary news was that when we got home, I was bleeding a little more than before.


I had a doctor appointment today (we got back last night) and told my doctor about my newest scare. She checked the heartbeat which was perfect but decided to do an ultrasound to make sure everything was looking okay... and it looked just fine. Phew! She said I should be able to go home for Christmas as long as everything still looked okay in two weeks when she checks me again. Oh, and I passed my diabetes test so it will be a very merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your comments!