Today we had our first appointment with the perinatologist - a specialist. We first met briefly with a genetic counselor who addressed the HLA-B27 gene. This gene can cause a few rare diseases which my mom and some of her siblings have. A med student sat in on our discussion. Basically, there is nothing that needs to be done at this time. It is just something that is good to know about in case the baby or I ever have symptoms of the diseases caused by the gene.
The main reason we were there was to meet with the perinatologist for any issues with the baby such as growth restriction or preterm labor and what we could/should be doing between now and delivery to help. The baby is sitting pretty much right in the middle of my stomach and no longer to the right. B and I thought it looked pretty crowded in there from the ultrasound. The measurements were all fine so the baby is growing at a normal rate which is excellent. There were two pieces of information that are not exactly good although they are not a big deal right now. First, the baby is breech (head up, rump down). This is bad because although most babies can turn to be head-first, ours probably won't have enough room to do so. Second, the placenta (I know, gross) is not in the ideal place. They are just going to keep an eye on it for now. It may be fine.
Nothing new has really changed. I think I am starting to show a little. I can't suck it in anymore so I guess I can officially blame my tummy on the baby. I also have to pee a lot more often and have to get up during the night to go.
I told two more co-workers last week. They are good friends that I thought should know before the rest of the office. I am planning to tell my boss next week which I'm sure will go fine but I am not necessarily looking forward to it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
We would love to hear your comments!