Well, it is Christmas time. And that means it is time to start telling people that we are going to have a baby by the end of May.
Prior to this past weekend, the people who knew we were expecting were my parents, Brett's brother Ryan and his wife Jessica, my co-workers, our friends Andy and Sarah, and five of my best girlfriends from college. We started off the weekend by telling some friends from college, Lynch and Sadler, on Friday night. I think they were pretty shocked and equally excited.
Then on Saturday it was time to break the news to the Olberdings. I had come up with a plan on how I would be breaking the news to our families. I ordered mugs that said things like "Great Grandma" to give as Christmas gifts.
So that is what I gave my mom's mom. It took her a little while to figure out what I was trying to tell her... at first she thought I messed up and got the wrong mug.
Enter the password "brett" to see the video embedded in the blog.
But when the family started putting the puzzle together, it stirred up a lot of excitement. My aunts couldn't believe it... they had all been well aware with my fertility problems so there were tears in many eyes. Poor Traci missed the excitement. She went up to get some beverages and have a bowl of soup when our 8 year old cousin told her what was going on. Don't worry, we have the whole thing on video. My aunt Sherry and by brother were shocked that my parents kept the secret for so long - it was over 2 months!
On Sunday we went and told my dad's parents in the same way. They didn't catch on either. Although to their defense, they were already great grandparents so it wasn't quite as obvious. When I told them there would be 4 great-grandkids by June, they thought my cousin was expecting twins (she has two kids and one on the way this June). We can't be at that Christmas because we need to go see Brett's family so I emailed other members of the family to get the word out.
We are glad that everyone is as excited as we are and can't wait to meet little Kyler or Austyn. Oh, and we are not finding out the gender of the baby for those of you who have been asking.
We will be telling Brett's family on Christmas day and I will post on that later. Merry Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment
We would love to hear your comments!