I almost forgot to write about our Halloween experience with Kyler this year. Probably because it wasn't great. Ky is really weird about new things - particularly clothing and accessories. He won't put on a new hat, shoes, or a lot of other things without having a meltdown. So I knew that a Halloween costume would be a challenge. I had bought him a fire hat with the intention of getting him the rest of the costume but then when he wouldn't wear the hat for more than a few minutes I decided not to waste my time and money on the rest of the gear. Instead, we pulled out his lion costume from last year and Brett was able to bribe him with candy to put it on.
Over the weekend, we went trick-or-treating at the Main Street businesses. He was really freaked out because several adults were in costume. So he wouldn't even go near a candy bucket to get his treat. Halloween was pretty similar. He would get to the door and then sort of freeze and want to go back to the vehicle. We stopped at a handful of places and called it a night. Hopefully he does a lot better next year and Halloween becomes a lot more fun.
He did enjoy all the decorations and talk about Halloween leading up to the day. I keep his Halloween books boxed up with my decor for most of the year so they were new to him. There was a lot of talk about monsters and ghosts. One night he had me take all of the Halloween books and stuff out of his room - apparently it was freaking him out. He would also point out all the pumpkins he saw around town. So I think he liked the idea of it but just wasn't too fond of the trick-or-treating itself.

No comments:
Post a Comment
We would love to hear your comments!