Kyler has the best daddy in the whole world! I feel that way is because he does so much for our family, and very unselfishly.
Just one example is that during busy season, I was working a lot more and later than usual so Kyler had started spending more time with his dad. I wish I could have been there but it was so nice that they got their time too. Kyler was getting to even a more fun age (which is constantly happening) and they were able to really bond. They had so much fun playing together. I would get to hear Kyler's laughs and squeals over the phone because Brett was sure to call me every night; and any time I made it home before bedtime they were playing. The thing is, Brett did this all without much complaint and he would have to finish his own work (because he was really busy too) after I got home or Kyler was in bed.
For this Father's Day (which is Brett's 2nd), we decided to go visit Papa and go boating. Grandma was on her way back from an annual trip with her family so it was just Papa, Uncle Brent, and us. We had a lot of fun on the boat. Kyler was hot, tired, and upset with his big and bulky life jacket on at first. But then I took him in the water to cool off and he was in good shape the rest of the afternoon (with the help of some occasional snacks). He had to help Papa drive the boat, would walk around the sides and push the ladder along the railing, and laughed and clapped his first time watching his Daddy wakeboard.
After all the boating, it was time for dinner. Kyler helped Papa put the wood in the fire pit. Then while dinner was being cooked, we walked over to the playground in the wagon for a bit. When we got back to the camper, Kyler got to "fish"... for goldfish and minnows in a bucket. He was surprisingly good at catching them. When he got one in each hand (and squeezed them to death), he would put them back and start over. He would be bent over the bucket so far that his feet were off the ground! Grandma came home after we ate dinner and ice cream and were getting ready for bed. Kyler showed off some walking skills before going to sleep. (Well, I guess you could call it sleep. I was the unlucky one to get him in bed with me and there was a lot of rolling around and banging into the wall at one point during the night.)
We are so lucky to have such an amazing daddy who loves, cares, plays, laughs, helps, teaches, learns, listens, and advises us every day. One day is definitely not enough to show him how much we appreciate and love him back. Hopefully we do a good job each and every day of telling and showing him.
WE LOVE YOU, DADDY!!!
(Just when I thought it didn't get any better, I walked into the kitchen to see all of my dishes washed and drying. Now he's just making me look bad!)

He's so cute floating in the water with his glasses on. Oh, and those pruney feet!!
ReplyDelete