Thursday, August 12, 2010

Pre-Day Care Jitters

Yikes! I have to go back to work next week. Which means Kyler starts day care in 5 days. I started getting a little nervous a couple nights ago when I realized that Kyler really is starting to get scared of strangers. He will just start screaming and it will take me a little bit to get him calmed down.

We have been practicing drinking out of a bottle more this week. I had no idea how much he was drinking so I had to keep track of how much to bring to day care. He didn't like me for that. I had to give in once. The other times he complained most of the time he was drinking. I keep telling myself that it is because he knows that we are at home and I have the equipment.

Today I brought in the day care paperwork and we stopped in his classroom for a bit. I wanted to see how he did and hopefully get him at least a tiny bit used to being there. As soon as I set his carrier down his little bottom lip came out and he started screaming. One of the ladies who will be taking care of him took him and he screamed some more. I got him calmed down and he was even smiling at his new caregiver while he was sitting on my lap. But as soon as she picked him up to set him in a Bumbo seat he started screaming again. He is way too used to his mama.

I know he will love it there after the first week but that first week is going to be terrible (I know, more for me than him). Brett will be dropping him off there so at least I don't have to do that part. But I hope he does okay and is able to sleep there. Otherwise he will be one stressed out mess of a kid. I guess I should have gone back to work a couple weeks ago before he had as much of a sense of his surroundings.

1 comment:

  1. Aw no, that would be really tough. I hope he does well. Will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your comments!