Kyler slept until 8:30 when Brett got him up to get ready for his day. He drank a whole bottle and watched some Yo Gabba Gabba while Daddy finished getting everything ready. He arrived at day care around 10:00. As soon as one of the teachers got him out of his carseat he started in on his screaming. But after 10 minutes or so they had him calmed down and Brett headed out. Phew! I was SO glad to hear that they were able to get him to calm down. I was still nervous so Brett said he would stop by around noon to check on Kyler. And when he did, Kyler was doing fine. He was sitting in the swing looking around, taking in his new surroundings. And right before I left work I went back to my office to check my email and found this in my inbox...

It is a picture mail that the day care sent to Brett. What a relief! He was actually smiling and being himself. I also had a message to pick up some flowers that were sent to me. I picked up a very pretty basket of flowers on my way out with a message that said:
"HI MOMMY, I JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW, I WILL BE JUST FINE. HAVE A GREAT DAY! LOVE, KYLER"
When I picked him up they told me that he did really really good for his first day. The only hard crying he did was that first 10 minutes or so. Then he just whined a little when he was hungry. They saw lots of his smiles and little "laughs."
I am so thankful that Kyler had a good day. It makes me feel so much better about leaving him at day care. I have thought all along that it would be good for him because of the way he loves to look at what's going on around him. I just didn't want him to be sad, scared, or stressed the first week or so. But as long as it is just the first 10 minutes, I think I can handle that!
Update: After several days, I finally found out that the flowers were from Brett. I had thought maybe it was something the daycare did on a child's first day. B usually isn't quite that thoughtful (admittedly so). But that was a really sweet thing to do! :)
Glad it went well. Hopefully your first day back to work was good.
ReplyDelete