Wednesday, November 11, 2009

12 Week Ultrasound

We had our 12 week ultrasound today. This one was to test for any genetic disorders, etc. Things like spina bifida and chromosome abnormalities I believe is what we tested for. We decided to go through with these tests since my insurance covers them and so that we would be aware if there was any type of problem.


I didn't know but the ultrasound was a 3D one. You can sort of see the face shape. I posted a picture. It is a little dark since I couldn't use the flash or there would be a reflection. The technician commented on how active the little thing was. She said I would probably be feeling a lot of movement after the next few weeks. She was having trouble getting the pictures she needed because of all the moving around Vegas Baby was doing and had to tap on my stomach to get him/her to get into a good position for a picture.

We also got a goodie bag at the doctor's office today. It had a bag with bottles and formula which was a big wake-up call. Although a little early - it expires about 2 weeks after the baby is due. We also got a run down of what we need to do to get registered with the hospital. It seems like such a long ways off but I'm sure it will fly by.

My next appointment is with the perinatologist on the 23rd. I'm not sure what they will do, I am guessing a physical exam. Ultrasounds are so much more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your comments!