Friday, January 8, 2010

20 Week Appointments - Halfway There!

I had two more doctor appointments this week. Monday with with the perinatologist and Tuesday was with my obstetrician. Both went really well.

The perinatologist did another ultrasound and the baby is getting bigger... yay!


Here is a profile of the face.


And this is a pretty good shot of his or her hand which is pretty cool to see.

The baby was moving around quite a bit (as usual - at every ultrasound we hear that we have a very active baby). The crazy thing is that I couldn't even feel it. I can't imagine what that kiddo looks like moving around when I can feel it! Anyway, the doctor was very pleased with how everything looked - normal. It is still breech but the baby is growing at an appropriate rate which was the main reason we were having to see a specialist. So now unless something else comes up I don't have to go back to her anymore. Let's hope that is the case for the sake of the baby.

On Tuesday I had an appointment with my regular doctor. Nothing new there. She told me that the max I can work is 50 hours per week - darn! ;) We will also be doing ultrasounds once a month throughout the rest of the pregnancy. Starting in March I will be in to see her every two weeks.

I am getting more and more anxious to start doing more baby things. We haven't bought anything yet and are trying to hold off for a while. It has been fun to get a few gifts from family members and that makes it a little easier to wait. I've also been online window shopping if that makes any sense. We did have to start shopping for maternity clothes which was painful - I hate shopping, and finding cute maternity clothes that I can wear to work has been a pain. My belly is growing and Brett is definitely not used to that - he makes comments daily and says things like "you really are pregnant." Not sure why it has taken him this long to figure that out...

And the most exciting thing for us this week is that we found out some close friends of ours, Paul and Amie, are expecting at the beginning of August! I think that makes Brett feel better... he isn't the only one whose "life is over." :) And it will be nice (and fun) to have friends with a kid the same age as ours. Too bad they don't live in KC!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your comments!