Friday, April 12, 2013

Easter 2013

The week before Easter, the kids and I spent the week at Grandma and Grandpa's farmhouse outside of Wichita. I think Brett missed us but it only seemed fair to give these grandparents some extra time with the kids. Kyler had a blast. He followed Grandpa everywhere and if Grandpa left the room without him noticing, he would get up shortly after yelling "Dampa Charlie!" He also had to correct me anytime I told him to get back in his chair or that something was on our bed. It was Grandma Tammy's chair and Grandma Tammy's bed.
Dada and Kyler with the flamingos at the Sedgwick County Zoo. Oops... Mama cut Dada's head off in this pic!

The grizzly bear was the funniest animal. He was enjoying the warmer weather by lying on his back in a pool of water. 

While we were there we mostly hung out at their house. One morning we did venture out to visit some friends. Kyler had a lot of fun with Landon who is just a few months younger. The weather warmed up so we were able to spend a lot of time outside. We even visited the zoo on Friday since Brett was back with the day off. Kyler got to ride on Grandpa's fire truck and four wheeler and for Easter the kids had an egg hunt. When we got back home, the Easter bunny had been at our house. We were very thankful for the nice weather and time spent with family. We definitely have spring fever now!

Kyler had fun feeding the giraffes. I was surprised at how good this photo turned out.

2 comments:

  1. Great pics! OMG, that bear. I can't stop laughing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that zoo. I'm glad you guys enjoyed it, and we enjoyed your visit as well. Landon talks about Kyler a lot since then.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your comments!