Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy New Year 2013!

Have I mentioned that this kiddo is a blast? Sure, he has his whiny crying moments and some disobedient and testing behaviors at times. But there are at least as many times when I think he has the cutest and most imaginative personality and is down right adorable!

We stayed home in our sweats for New Years Eve this year. There is a lot of sickness going around town and we didn't want to risk picking something up and getting Myelle sick so we have been staying in a LOT. I made dinner and got out the New Years decorations from when we used to host an annual party when we lived in KC. Brett picked up some sparkling grape juice and we toasted with the nice crystal wine glasses. Kyler seemed to have a good time at our little party even if it was just the three of us (and Myelle snoozing away most of the evening). When the ball dropped, he even lifted off his hat and proclaimed "Happy New Year!" It was probably our best New Years memory yet, even in our sweats. My how times change!


One of the most fun things is just watching and listening to Kyler play. He loves playing with this Little People and had a ball with the nativity scene this year. I hated to pack it away but it would lose its impact (and some pieces) if I left it out for him - plus he has plenty of other people and animals to play with. The angel had a good time flying around among airplanes. I had many conversations with the wise men, especially the one in red. Baby Jesus went on lots of adventures around the living room. And here is how I found the mish mash of people and animals the other day when I walked into the kitchen...


I read a book with Kyler as he laid down for his nap today. It was an animal picture book so we talked about what all the animals eat and where they live. When we got to the bug page we talked about how cockroaches are yucky because they want to come in the house and eat our food so that's why we have to keep the house really clean and sweep the floors so they don't peek in and see lots of crumbs to eat. As I was mentioning that they would like to eat our food and get in our crackers, he had a teasing look on his face and said, "I will eat a bug sandwich." Then he just waited for my reaction. It was really cute. Then he wanted to know about the ladybugs. I told him that they like to climb on the side of the house and on the windows and it's okay to pick them up since they don't bite or sting. To that he said, "then we put them in their lady bug beds." It sounded like something he saw in the many story books he reads.

Speaking of reading books, I find it amazing that he has not lost his interest in books. Throughout the years and many different houses we continue to see this same scene over and over again. I love it!

9 Months

15 Months

2.5 Years

2 comments:

  1. :) Can't wait to see your little man next summer! I'm sure he'll seem SO big in person! How quickly they grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pile of books at different ages!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your comments!