Kyler has become quite the Mama's boy for some reason. It's been making me a little nervous with little brother or sister coming since I won't be able to always be the one to help him or read to him or cuddle with him. He is always wanting Mama to do things and it is sort of a challenge to convince him that Dada can do it too. It became very apparent the other night when Papa asked if he wanted to spend the night. He really really wanted to but then every time Mama and Dada would say goodbye he could get upset. He wanted us to stay the night too. Eventually he decided he just better come with us. I think we'll have to do some trial runs staying the night there before December hits.
There are also a couple more cute things he's said and done over the weekend. It's so fun that these moments are becoming more frequent. I have always enjoyed kids at this age with their big imaginations and expanding vocabularies. I was sitting at my computer while he was off playing when Kyler brought in a toy from the nursery. He didn't even look up at me. He just set the toy on my tummy and said "Here you go, Baby Pat." I held it there for a minute before setting it on my lap. He didn't like that and put it back on my tummy and moved my hand there to hold it. It was the sweetest thing and made me think he really is understanding this baby to be thing. The other funny thing was while we were watching Olympic diving. He saw one athlete dive and said "That was ahh-umm." I didn't even know he knew the word "awesome" before that.
No comments:
Post a Comment
We would love to hear your comments!