Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Clothes Drama

Okay, that thing I said the other day about how I hoped the dissatisfaction with his shirt would not be a daily occurrence... well it is. Right now he only wants to wear two shirts. One is the shirt my dad brought back from Mexico of a person on a motorcycle except that the head is actually Kyler's head (hopefully you've seen something similar and that makes sense). It is pretty funny but not something I really want him to wear in public all the time. We've been using it as a pajama top since he hates all of his pajamas. But now he wants to wear that baggy shirt all the time. The other shirt he will wear is one that I pulled out of his next size of clothes that has a race car on it. It's actually normal looking but still, he can't just wear two shirts all the time. He won't even wear his tractor shirts (which like the two shirts he wears are short sleeved and slightly baggy on him).

Every morning when I get his shirt out to get him dressed he pushes it away and tells me "no" in a crabby, whiny voice. He does this to every shirt I get out so finally I just have to put one on him while he's throwing a fit. Then for the next 15 minutes or whenever he thinks about it he pulls at the front of the shirt or the tag like it's the most horrible thing ever. Yesterday he even had a fit when I put his jeans on. He kept grabbing at them and whining.

How did this happen to a child that's not even two? I honestly have no idea. It started with his hatred of sleeper pajamas (the kind with the feet that zip up). Then it was shirts with collars, then buttons, then tags. Now it is just that he knows what he wants to wear and everything else is horrible.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe he has a little of his Uncle B in him. Didn't he hate collared shirts too? Maybe get Uncle B and matching motorcycle shirt!

    Aunt Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. Sounds fun! I'd love to see a pic of him wearing his favorite shirt. It sounds funny. Hopefully this phase won't last too long. Or else you'll have to buy more of that shirt.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your comments!