Tuesday, January 17, 2012
K for Kyler
As I've said before, books are probably Kyler's favorite things. Yesterday he went up to his room and read books for about an hour all by himself. I could hear him reading... sometimes things I didn't understand and other times things I could identify like all of the farm animal sounds. One of his favorite books is "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom." Last week I realized that he could identify the letter K by himself. I always pointed it out as "K for Kyler" when reading the book. One day he pointed at it and said he name (which sounds like "Wawwa"). So I started asking him on each page to point to K for Kyler. He could identify the letter on pretty much every page even though it was in a different spot and sometimes even upside down. Now we'll have to work on identifying it in other places and also learning some additional letters "M for Mama" and "D for Dada" will probably be next.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thats awesome! Avalyn loves animal noise books too!
ReplyDeleteWow! Smart little dude there!
ReplyDelete