Kyler has been chatting it up more and more lately it seems. He is constantly saying something, and we usually don't know exactly what it is. He has started repeating EVERYTHING lately, trying to say any and every word possible. He's also starting to put words together to make mini-sentences when I ask him to repeat something. Usually it's when he's asking for a snack. "More cheese please" is a cute phrase - it sounds more like "mo tzz bzz." He will also get confused if he repeats it several times and mix up the order of the words. He loves looking at pictures or our belongings and saying Mama, Dada, or Kyler ("waa waa"). When he says hi or bye it is in a southern accent (hah, bah). He really loves "up, down" and even uses them correctly.
The little man has developed quite the personality. I am constantly laughing at him and proclaiming how much I love him. He can put his hat on by himself which is amusing because it is usually pretty crooked. Today he was trying to show me a truck outside our door. He kept saying "cuck" and pointing and then crouched down and stared at me with these big excited funny eyes. I think it was his way of saying "Mom, seriously. There is a truck out there! Can you believe it?" He gives me that look, putting his face really close to mine once and a while and I can't help but crack up. He's a pretty friendly guy too. When we go eat at the bar he will walk in himself and has to wave at every single booth on the way back to our table. This weekend we were at a restaurant in Kansas City and when the booth next to us got up to leave they had to stop and tell us that this little boy has a lot of personality. They said Kyler was smiling and waving at them and had them laughing. He's really good at giving hugs and kisses now and will wave and say "bah" to pretty much anyone. At home, he has started getting our shoes out and walking around in them. I was trying to figure out what the click click click noise was one day when he came out wearing one of my heels.
He reads books a lot, probably more than playing with all his toys combined. And it's fun to listen from the next room to see what his commentary is. He has also been reading himself to sleep at naptime. I can always tell when he falls asleep because I can't hear his little voice anymore. Sleep has been much better the past couple of days. Kyler had been waking up at least once each night and a few nights were pretty brutal. Around the holidays we were dragging him to our bed in the middle of the night out of exhaustion. The new trick to get him to lay down is for me to tuck him in really tight with his blanket. He thinks it's funny. And his dog (My Pal Scout - Leapfrog) plays some songs for him and his 'affe (stuffed giraffe). Last night he went to bed shortly after 9 and slept until 9 this morning. I was glad to be rested up and couldn't decide if I should make noise and wake him up this morning or not.
Speaking of behaving well, I have to brag about how Ky will pick up all of his toys when asked (and sometimes before being asked) without help. I was shocked the first time he did it. His talking has also slowed down the whining quite a bit and he asks for things rather than crying every time. He will also fetch himself a diaper when asked which is pretty nice. Sometimes he will even go get one if he needs changed and I haven't had the pleasure of smelling him yet. He definitely has his bad moments though. He isn't very good about being quiet in church (see the paragraph on him talking above). He was until recently not sleeping well. And he has a really hard time staying out of things when we tell him it isn't for him. The computer is a great example. I can't even be on the computer while he's around because he wants me to show him pictures or videos of tractors. Last night I had to get some work done and he was having a fit. Finally he came over to it and pushed on my monitor, saying "shut." I had to give in and shut it after he was such a big boy and used his words. Plus, it gave us a little more playtime together before his bedtime.
I would have never thought it was possible the day he was born, but I love that kiddo more and more every day. Brett and I are so proud of his every accomplishment and how well he behaves (most of the time). He brings us so much joy and lots of entertainment. It's so great to have his smiling face around. I just love this boy! I might have to tone down the adoration once he's old enough to realize he could get himself wrapped around my finger. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like a fun little guy. I need to really start paying more attention to what I say to get prepared for the repeating every little thing stage.
ReplyDeleteIsn't it great when they pick up their toys themselves??
I loved this entry! Brought back so many memories of Christian when he was that age (especially the part about when he puts his face real close to yours and makes you laugh). Cherish EVERY SINGLE MOMENT, Cindy. They really do grow up too fast.
ReplyDeleteSuch a big smart boy!!
ReplyDelete