Monday, August 22, 2011

15 Month Statistics

We had Kyler's 15 month check-up today. He is healthy as can be and the doctor was impressed by the number or words he can say (around 15) and how well he does using his fingers to hold and turn objects in his hand. Kyler is 25 pounds which is the 55th-60th percentile and is 32 inches tall (75-76th percentile). Head circumference is 18.5 (50th percentile).

We did a lot of waiting because silly me made an afternoon appointment (I suggest going in the mornings before they get way behind schedule). But Kyler did well because there was a window right out to the interstate. He loved looking at the trucks and cars. He had to get two shots which he was not fond of. I don't think it is the physical pain for him as much as he doesn't understand why someone is hurting him (and why I would let them give him ouchies). But he thought his Bugs Bunny bandages were pretty neat and kept lifting up his shorts legs to see them. When we were all done and got him dressed, he walked out of the doctor's office like a big boy instead of me carrying him. My little guy is growing up way too fast!

In case you are wondering, here is the list of Kyler's words that I could think of:
Mama or Mom
Dada or Dad
Papa
Baxter
tractor
truck
duck
sock
toe
shoe
shut
sit
dog or doggie
uh oh (now shortened to just "uh")
come on
thank you

Now a lot of these words are very unclear and he won't say all of them when you ask him to, but these are words we hear repeated fairly often.

1 comment:

  1. Quite the vocabulary! I'm impressed. I wish we didn't live so far away so we could see him more often.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your comments!