Kyler started Kindergarten this week. At the end of his pre-K year, he was not looking forward to going to kindergarten at all. This kid is not a fan of change. Little by little he has gotten used to the idea and even excited about it. By the time it was the first day of school it was no big deal. He got up, got ready, took a picture without complaint, and walked right into his classroom like he'd done it a thousand times. He hadn't even met his new teacher at that point. One thing he wasn't sure he was on board with was school lunch. I tried to convince him it would be awesome because they sometimes have bierocks and stromboli at school (which are his favorites), to which he got sad and said he only wanted mine because they are the best. I'm not sure if that was more of a compliment or a guilt trip because I've been cooking less over the summer.
Grandma picked him up from school and I called shortly after to see how his day went. He said he had a hamburger for lunch with apples and chocolate milk and some chicken and rice and some ketchup for part of it. (I later read the lunch menu - the apples were actually pears and I think there was a triangular shaped hash brown that he thought was chicken and rice - too funny!) He said he ate almost all of it. After he was done with talking to me he asked to talk to Myelle which was adorable. I think he missed her. He also said later that in the classroom they put all of their school supplies away. And he told us a few times that he loves his teacher so much. He's off to a great start!

Glad he had a good first day!
ReplyDeleteSo cute! He's going to do so well in school!
ReplyDelete