Friday, June 20, 2014

Bean Boy

Waiting to go back to the surgery room

We had quite a bit of excitment on Father's Day weekend. Kyler and Myelle were "helping" me in the kitchen so I decided to give them some flour to play with. When Myelle started choking on it because she was eating it by the spoonful, I decided to give them some uncooked noodles and beans to stir. I kept an eye on her so that she wouldn't put them in her mouth. Brett and I were talking when Kyler excitedly tells us, "Hey! I got a bean in my ear!"

Waiting for our little man to wake up

Right away we told him "NO!!!" and I'm sure he tried pulling it out but pushed it in further. We couldn't tweeze it out because it was in far enough and I even tried sucking it out after telling him to lay on the floor and bob his head side to side. So we went to the ER. That was a bad idea. They made it worse.
Ready to get out of there!

On Monday, we went to Topeka first thing to an ENT. They ended up having to put him out to get it out of his ear, but no cutting was needed. Kyler was very brave and cooperated well with all the doctors and nurses. We were relieved that the ordeal was over, although we are not looking forward to the medical bills to come.

Kyler and "the bean"

A tiny thing can cause so much trouble!

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy, Im sure you can giggle now but I know it was probably a stressful few days. Glad he's ok!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your comments!