Sunday, December 15, 2013

Winter

As much as I dislike the cold, it can be a very fun time of the year for kids. It's especially fun with Kyler this year since he can do, comprehend, and remember so much.


We went for a horse and carriage ride over Thanksgiving weekend with Brett's parents. His mom's cousin gives rides in Wichita. 


After we got a nice snow this month, Kyler had a blast playing outside in it. It was too dry to build a snowman but he tromped around, had his dad and papa pull him in sleds, and even drove his tractor in it.


And yesterday we made our first "gingerbread" house. We cheated and used Rice Krispie treats to make it more stable but it was a lot of fun. Kyler loved putting "Christmas lights" on the roof so much that he talked his dada into putting some on our house the next day.

All this before Christmas! Winter is bound to become even more fun. 

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I despise winter, but it's fun watching little ones' faces light up when it snows. I'm sure getting excited about Christmas too

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your comments!