Monday, July 2, 2012

Big Boy Bed

Kyler has graduated from the baby bed. It was a little sad for his mama though. :( We just moved into our new house and we set up a nursery as well as a big kid room. I thought Kyler might sleep in the nursery for a while since that is where his bed was moved to. But he knew that was the baby's room and wasn't interested in sleeping there. So the first night we were in the new house I laid down with him in the twin bed until he fell asleep. He fell out of bed that night and ended up in the crib. The next night he didn't want to go down in the crib so I read him some books in bed and left him to fall asleep. Afraid he would fall out again, I moved him to the crib after he fell asleep. The third night I installed the new bed rail and he slept in his big boy bed all night long. How can my baby boy be this big already? His room has no indication anymore of being for a baby.



Last night was the first night he started sneaking out of his bed when it was his bedtime and we were still up. One time I walked back to the dark bedrooms to find him staring up at the TV in our room. He would know he was supposed to be in bed and run back in and lie down each time I spotted him. Finally he decided to stay put and again slept all night.



Now we just have one step to go to really have "big boy" status - potty training. I really think we would be there if it weren't for the move. It was too hard trying to train him while I was preoccupied with painting, moving, and unpacking so we went back to diapers. Once I know we will be at home a lot and I will have the time and attention to spend on it we will try to get that knocked out.

2 comments:

  1. Aw! I can imagine this was tough on momma. Good luck with the potty training now that you've moved. I'm sure he'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness what a big boy, I think he's bigger than Ryan!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your comments!