Thursday, April 19, 2012

23 Months

My little Kyler is 23 months old today. One more month and he'll be TWO! He isn't big for his age but for some reason he just looks older than he is. A lot of people think that he's three, which makes me kind of sad. When he plays with bigger kids, he doesn't even seem that young to me - and he's MY baby.

The biggest giveaway on his age is probably his speech. He talks all the time, and repeats everything we say but it is just pretty unclear a lot of the time. His hair is super curly and people comment on it constantly.

We fiddled around with potty training earlier in the month. He did okay but wasn't quite getting it. So I've gone back to cloth diapering so that he can tell when he wets and maybe figure out how to turn that little hose on and off. Once he understands how to make that work, I think he'll do a lot better.

Kyler can ride a tricycle now and is a pro at climbing around at playgrounds. He goes up obstacles that make us really nervous but almost always does just fine. Even when this kid falls, he is able to brush off getting hurt really quickly. He's a tough guy, that's for sure.

Kyler has also started sitting on a regular chair at the table when we eat (rather than a high chair, and we don't have a booster chair). Once in a while he will ask for the high chair and we put him in there if it is something really messy. He is also finally getting used to drinking out of an open faced cup. He missed his sippy cups for a while but has since stopped complaining. He rarely uses his silverware but hopefully that will come soon.

Today's funny moment: I asked Ky if he wanted to watch cartoons after  he woke up a little fussy this morning. "Yeah." So I turn on one cartoon, "I want cartoons." I flip it to another cartoon, a more irritable "I want watch cartoons." I kept saying that these are cartoons. Eventually I asked, "do you want to watch cars?" He answered with another "yeah." As soon as I found the Speed channel, he was totally content.

3 comments:

  1. I've always thought Avalyn looks older than she is. She never really looked babyish. Maybe it's the hair?

    So cute, he loves cars!! Such a boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone used to think Marissa was older than she was b/c she's tall and acts older.

    As much as I love the new park it is Scary! Ryan does pretty good now, but still makes me a little nervous. Last year when he wasn't quite as coordinated we went to the South Park a lot, they liked it just as much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I can't believe he's gonna be two! I'm not ready for 2 yet. I hope I get to see you guys sometime this summer.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your comments!