He wanted to go on the little train so bad!
But the carousel would have to do.
He wasn't sure what to think about the ferris wheel.
Sunday we visited the Overland Park convention center for their Touch a Truck event. I would say it was a little underwhelming for an adult but probably seemed amazingly huge for a kid. They had a tractor, motorcycle, firetrucks, combine, semi, some building machinery (I have no idea what they were called), and a handful or so of other vehicles. We couldn't tell if Kyler was still tired, didn't feel good, or was just thinking so hard he wasn't showing much excitement. I'm pretty sure it was the last one.
I tried to get him to stand next to the firetruck for a picture but he thought we were leaving him.
Sitting inside the fire truck.
Driving a Pepsi truck and listening to Dad tell him how it sounds.
Motorcycles are his latest obsession. He thinks any loud vehicle is a motorcycle.
He has to check everything out pretty intensely.
There's the excitement I was expecting!
He was content to sit on the floor of this machine.
Look at that cute boy on the front of a firetruck!
Trying to see how it works.
We ended the weekend by having dinner at Aunt Jessica's parents' house. She is back again from Japan (no complaints from us)! Kyler had a great time there snooping around and enjoying a larger space than our apartment to walk around. He got to go for a ride on the lawn tractor, play with their three big dogs, and check out the horses. Hopefully next time we are there it is a little more comfortable outside so we can spend more time enjoying the outdoors!
The littlest fireman.
With Mama in front of the firetruck.
What a goofball!
The tractor was definitely his favorite. He perked up when he got in here!
Here's a picture I hope to not see a repeat of in 15-20 years!
I think this steering wheel on an old firetruck is bigger than Ky.
Looking hard at something while sitting in the semi.
Here's the outside.
We tried for one last fireman shot but it was hot out. Oh, and his shorts really weren't that short! :)
Looks like he had a blast. Ky is such a cutie!
ReplyDeleteHopefully next year the Fiesta won't be so hot so we can do more. And maybe Ky will be big enough for the kiddie rides. Glad you guys came...as always, it was great to see you!
ReplyDelete