Saturday, May 14, 2011

Birthday Party

Today was Kyler's first birthday party. As I mentioned before, the theme was the "Mr. Men and Little Miss" books by Roger Hargreaves. We sent out "Mr. Birthday" invitations. I created them in Photoshop and had my aunt print them.
"Mr. Birthday is turning one"

The cake consisted of a giant cupcake for the birthday boy's smash cake and cupcakes for the guests. The cupcakes had toppers with some of the Mr. Men and Little Miss Characters.
Giant cupcake was "Mr. Birthday." We also had Mr. Nosey, Mr. Bump, Little Miss Sunshine, Mr. Wrong, and Little Miss Fun.

For favors, I made my own Little Miss and Mr. Men characters - Mr. Thirsty and Little Miss Thirsty. Since most of our guests were adults, I thought koozies would be a useful gift. The kids each took home a paperback Little Miss or Mr. Men book.
Little Miss Thirsty and Mr. Thirsty

I also made shirts for the guests of honor - Kyler, his parents, and his grandparents. We each had a character and they were a hit.
Mr. Noisy, Little Miss Scatterbrain, Little Miss Lucky, Mr. Birthday, Mr. Cool, Little Miss Chatterbox, and Mr. Mischief.

I also hung pictures of Kyler over all the windows and doorways around the living room. To keep in line with the theme, each one was a Mr. Somebody. Here are a few examples.
Mr. Tired, Mr. Cool, Mr. Birthday, Mr. Mad, and Mr. Silly.

The party went well. We had a ton of friends and family show up. We started off the party by showing a video that Brett and I put together of pictures and videos from Kyler's first year. Then Kyler opened gifts (well, Brett and I opened most of the gifts and Kyler couldn't get enough of Papa). After that Brett grilled some delicious chicken kabobs and we had dinner (salad, baked potatoes, fruit, and rolls). Finally, it was time for cake and homemade ice cream (made by Grandma Tammy). It took Kyler a little while to get into it but by the end he really was Mr. Messy.

Mr. Messy


Here is a view from Kyler's angle as he was digging into his birthday cake. What a lot of family and friends he had come! Maybe he should be called Mr. Lucky or Mr. Spoiled. Thanks for all of you who came by - it wouldn't have been a party without you!

Then we laid out all of his gifts and took a picture. Kyler is driving his little car. There is a LOT and this doesn't include all the money, gift cards, and a few additional gifts that will be trickling in from a couple special people who couldn't make it. Thanks again everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! Love all the Mr and Miss details you threw in. Love that giant cupcake too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such a great job with this party! WOW!! I am just starting to plan my son's 1st bday party in September.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your comments!